CRANE SLINGER & SIGNALLER
Any type of crane operation requires accurate and safe slinging of the load being lifted. This course is often referred to as a ‘rigger banksman’.
Lifting operations will often involve a signaller who directs the crane operator in the positioning and movement of the load.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following subject areas:
- Attaching a load to a crane
- Weight assessment
- Lifting and moving loads
- Awareness of site operations, pedestrians, hazards and weather conditions
- Completion of pre-use inspection
- Identifying correct equipment and accessories for slinging
- Correct use of slinging equipment for operation
- Correct slinging techniques
- Novice candidates: 2 days
- Experienced candidates: 1 day