APPROVED BY IIRMS & CPD
Manual handling, or to be accurate, incorrect manual handling, is one of the most common causes of injury at work. To try and combat manual handling problems, the Manual Handling Operations Regulations were introduced.
The Regulations lay out duties for both employees and employers. They give a general
requirement that employees must be trained to manually handle correctly including the use of any equipment their employer provides to handle loads safely.
This course outlines exactly what constitutes manual handling and covers the regulations and legislation that apply to manual handling tasks. It then goes on to cover safe handling techniques
and how to develop good habits in relation to manual handling. It finishes off by introducing some practical solutions and the use of mechanical aids.
Please note that this is an awareness course only, if your duties include manual handling you will also need further practical training, you can get in touch with us to arrange this.
Training your employees with our online system will go a long way to giving them greater awareness of the dangers that poor manual handling poses, as well as covering safe handling
techniques, practical solutions to manual handling issues and the use of mechanical aids.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define Manual Handling and state the correct technique and application of effective Manual Handling.
- Understand the relevant legislation and comply with the regulations.
- Recognise safe handling techniques and be able to develop good habits.
- Evaluate every manual situation you encounter, recognising risks and when to use mechanical aids.
- Understand the consequences on the body of incorrect handling and the dangers associated.
- State the professionals most at risk from incorrect handling techniques.
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 75 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
IIRSM,CPD & IOSH Approved
Duration 75mins* – £35