WORKING IN CONFINED SPACES
APPROVED BY IIRSM
At the end of this course you’ll be able to demonstrate your understanding of the control measures to be followed when working in, or near to, confined spaces as detailed in a safe working procedure This course will cover the legislation associates with working in confined spaces. What counts as a confined space, the potential hazards, safe operating procedures, emergency procedures and rescue.
Important note: This is an awareness course only, designed for people who need to be aware of the hazards and risks of confined space working but are not required to enter a confined space. If you are required to perform any work activity in, or in the proximity of, a confined space then you will also need to have an ‘approved’ standard of practical training at the ‘appropriate’ level.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the key legislation and its application to working in a confined space
- Understand the dangers of working in a confined space and identify the hazards involved
- Define and state the safety procedures that can use to reduce the risk associated
- Have an awareness of the communication methods needed and the emergency procedures that would need to be followed
- Understand the importance of the paperwork involved to meet legal obligations
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 25 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
CPD, IIRSM, & IOSH Approved