Counterbalance fork lift trucks are the most common type of fork lift truck. The course provides operators with the skills needed to operate the Counterbalance truck safely and efficiently. Our AITT Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Conversion Course is designed to instruct up to a maximum of 1 delegates and will take 1 day to complete. Successful candidates will receive an AITT Certificate following completion of the course.
TL Training defines a ‘Conversion’ as somebody who is a qualified forklift operator and is wanting to add additional truck types to their licence.
• Introduction to the forklift truck to be used - Daily Maintenance Checks
• Relevant Legislation and Regulations - Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998 and L117 - Rider Operated lift trucks (ACOP & Guidance)
• Pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
• Care of batteries/LPG/Diesel Trucks
• Controls and instruments
• Weight assessment / Stability Factors
• Starting, moving and stopping the truck
• Handling laden and unladen pallets
• Operation of hydraulic controls
• Stacking/de-stacking – free standing and in racking at various heights
• Loading and Unloading Procedures
• Safety code testing
• Practical test of basic operating skills
• Written test of operating knowledge
Candidates must provide photo ID on the first day of training.
Candidates must be able provide documentary evidence of previous formal training on a different truck.