Reach Trucks are designed predominantly for warehouse operations. They offer maximum lift height with excellent manoeuvrability. The course provides operators with the skills needed to operate the Reach Truck safely and efficiently. Our RTITB Counterbalance Novice Operator Course is designed to instruct up to a maximum of 3 delegates and will take 5 days to complete. Successful candidates will receive an RTITB Certificate following completion of the course.
TL Training defines a ‘Novice Operator’ as somebody who has no previous (or very limited) experience of using a counterbalance fork lift truck.
This course is ideal for those operators looking to achieve a nationally recognised operator qualification in the safe and correct use of reach truck forklift up to a 5000 kg lifting capacity.
• Introduction to the forklift truck to be used - Daily Maintenance Checks
• Relevant Legislation and Regulations - Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998 and L117 - Rider Operated lift trucks (ACOP & Guidance)
• Pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
• Care of batteries/LPG/Diesel Trucks
• Controls and instruments
• Weight assessment / Stability Factors
• Starting, moving and stopping the truck
• Handling laden and unladen pallets
• Operation of hydraulic controls
• Stacking/de-stacking – free standing and in racking at various heights
• Loading and Unloading Procedures
• Safety code testing
• Practical test of basic operating skills
• Written test of operating knowledge
Candidates must provide photo ID on the first day of training.