TL Training defines a ‘Refresher’ as somebody who has previous experience of using a reach truck and can provide documentary evidence of previous formal training.
All candidates are required to provide evidence of previous training prior to the start of the course.
• Introduction to the forklift truck to be used - Daily Maintenance Checks
• Relevant Legislation and Regulations - Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998 and L117 - Rider Operated lift trucks (ACOP & Guidance)
• Pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
• Care of batteries/LPG/Diesel Trucks
• Controls and instruments
• Weight assessment / Stability Factors
• Starting, moving and stopping the truck
• Handling laden and unladen pallets
• Operation of hydraulic controls
• Stacking/de-stacking – free standing and in racking at various heights
• Loading and Unloading Procedures
• Safety code testing
• Practical test of basic operating skills
• Written test of operating knowledge
Candidates must provide photo ID on the first day of training.
All candidates are required to provide evidence of previous training prior to the start of the course. Failure to do so will result in a candidate being turned away from the course.