Banksman For The Reversing Of Vehicles
Manoeuvring and reversing vehicles on site is a major cause of workplace accidents and can lead to serious and sometimes fatal injuries. Ensuring site/yard staff are properly trained reduces the risk of potentially costly accidents and damage to property. The Banksman course assists the employer to comply with health and safety legislation.
There must be a safe system of work that ensures the Banksman and Driver are using an agreed standard of signals (hand/arm signals) and raises awareness of the safety factors connected with vehicle movements in the workplace.
Banksman Training Course In North Wales
At TL Training, we recognise the importance of the banksman and appreciate the level of responsibility they have. We offer high quality banksman training in North Wales, Deeside and Wrexham. Our banksman training course is informative, educational and jargon free. Candidates will receive the full support from their trainer throughout the entire course and will gain their certificate upon completion.
Banksman Training Course Content
The banksman training course covers the following:
- • Statutory duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- • Other relevant legislation
- • The roles and responsibilities of the banksman
- • Workplace transport safety policy
- • Pre-planning the reversing manoeuvre
- • The importance of communication
- • How to use arm/hand signals correctly and safely
- • Recommending and laying out safe on-site traffic systems
- • Understanding risks and how to manage these effectively
If you are interested in undertaking one of our banksman training courses in North Wales call us today on 0151 343 0588. Alternatively, you can email us at [email protected] and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible. We run banksman courses in Deeside, Wrexham and right across North Wales.