“It’s our job to work with industry to encourage training, which helps build a safe, professional and fully qualified workforce”. – CITB
CITB stands for Construction Industry Training Board. The CITB was created in 1964, with a mission to help the industry grow and thrive. They are given a mandate to collect a levy from construction employers and to use this to support training and skills in construction.
In order to support British construction, the CITB:
- Target their knowledge and resources to develop a world-class workforce for the challenges of today and tomorrow
- Search for the best new talent by promoting construction for its exciting and rewarding career opportunities
- Strive to provide employers with the training they want for their people, when they want it
- Work with industry to ensure training standards and qualifications are right for its needs
- Will continue to speak out and listen to industry, to research, to question and analyse so that they can stay ahead of change and respond to the sectors evolving needs
Why Choose TL Training?
At TL Training, we also have a vision for the construction industry, where skills and competence are at the forefront of the training that we provide. We offer a number of CITB courses to candidates living and working in North Wales.
Our Training staff have been accredited by the CITB, so you can have complete confidence that the training you receive will be the best around. Our courses are interactive, informative, enjoyable and most importantly – jargon free. We want you to get the most out of your training as possible, which is why we will provide you with official CITB publications which you are able to keep and use as future reference tools.
CITB Courses In North Wales
The CITB training courses that we currently offer are as follows:
- CITB Health & Safety Awareness in North Wales: 1 day course, ideal for those hoping to obtain their CSCS green laboured card. Highlights the importance of recognising hazards, how to keep yourself and others safe. Covers topics such as working at height, manual handling, fire safety and occupational health.
- CITB Site Manager Safety Training Scheme in North Wales: 5 day course aimed at managers of those working on construction sites. Highlights your responsibility as a manager so create a safe working environment for your staff.
- CITB Site Manager Safety Refresher Course in North Wales: 2 day course designed to update your knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, and to become familiar to any change in legislation.
- CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme in North Wales: 2 day course enabled site supervisors to confidently and competently contribute to the safety of the workplace by providing the knowledge required to deliver valuable support to those working on site.
- CITB Site Supervisor Safety Refresher Course in North Wales: 1 day course for those already holding a full SSSTS certificate. Aimed to refresh your knowledge and understanding of the importance of effective health and safety practice within the construction industry.
CITB Training Across North Wales
We are able to provide CITB training courses to businesses in the following areas of North Wales:
Get In Touch
Interested in undertaking one of our CITB training courses in North Wales? Call us today on 0151 343 0588 to learn more. Alternatively, you can email us at [email protected] and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible. We run CITB training in North Wales and right across the North West.