Order Picker Truck Training Course
An order picker truck is a machine used to pick and deliver material needed for filling orders from storage. The truck is designed for filling individual customer orders which require piece-part or case picking, rather than full pallets or unit loads. The machinery can reach heights up to 390”.
There are a number of order picker truck categories and there is a course available for each. Completing the higher level will equip candidates to operate all three categories.
These are used for loads that can comfortably be picked up from ground level and transported directly to a lorry, van or other loading area.
These pickers are maneuvered from a cage attached to the fork carriage, and pallets are used to manually handle items on and off the pallet. They can operate in very narrow aisles, using wire or rail-guides and can move quickly between the picking stations.
The order pickers are maneuvered from within a cage attached to the fork carriage, and pallets are used to manually handle items on and off the pallet. The fords can be raised or lowered to maintain a comfortable working height for loading items on the pallet. They can operate in very narrow aisles, using wire or rail
guides and can lift loads up to 15.85 meters high, moving quickly between the picking stations.
What Does The Course Cover?
Learning outcomes of the Order Picker Truck Training Course include:
- • Provide candidates with a basic understanding of the dangers of operating order pickers and their responsibilities as an operator
- • Learning how to locate and identify the major components and key controls of the machine and explain their functions
- • How to conduct all pre-operational checks
- • How to safely mount and dismount the machine
- • How to carry out order picking tasks
- • How to fit, adjust and or remove attachments
Get In Touch
Interested in undertaking one of our order picker truck training courses in Wirral? Call us today on 0151 343 0588 to learn more. Alternatively, you can email us at [email protected] and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.